Role Objectives and Responsibilities
The Store Manager is responsible for overseeing the operation of the store and ensuring maximum sales and profitability through merchandise, inventory and human resource management, and managing operating costs and shrinkage. To exhibit, promote and train staff on all brand ambassador behaviours.
· Drive sales and manage the overall team selling effort in the store to meet or exceed sales goals and objectives.
· Instruct and motivate performance to maximize each employee's potential. Set goals and follow-up on employee performance by providing plans and timely feedback.
· Set a positive example through modelling of effective selling skills and techniques on the sales floor.
· Direct and manage the total operations of the store. This includes stock control and management, shipping and receiving, product replenishment and management, store cleanliness, store maintenance and upkeep, store supplies upkeep and management and ensuring that store physical inventory shortage results are at or below company standards.
· Process transactions at the cash register, maintain sales ledgers and make customer refunds and exchanges.
· Source and identify exceptional candidates for ECCO for both current and future staffing needs.
· Create bench strength in-store by identifying and developing employees for promotion into positions of greater responsibility.
· Write store staffing schedules within budgetary constraints and at least two weeks in advance, then post approved schedules in a timely fashion. Ensure payroll percent-to-sales for the store are at or below the budgeted goal.
· Maintain the visual merchandising strategies for the store to create a store environment that provides our customers with a positive shopping experience.
· Maintain a positive attitude and make a valuable contribution towards maintaining ECCO's culture of passion, innovation and sustainability.
· Other duties and/or special projects as assigned.
· 3-5 years retail management or service-related experience, footwear industry experience would be an asset.
· Valid driver's license is an asset.
· Basic math skills as it relates to retail sales (margins, conversions, etc.).
· Intermediate computer skills.
· Ability to travel domestically as needed.
· Ability to read, write and speak English at a proficient level.
· Ability to work a varied schedule, including evenings and weekends.
We care about creating and maintaining strong, positive relationships with our colleagues, our partners, our customers and the societies in which we live and work. We act with integrity and we respect and encourage diversity. We are a passionate organization, filled with people who are passionate and build their work on what they love to do.
We are committed to promoting a fair and equitable selection process and work environment that is inclusive and barrier-free. ECCO Shoes provides equal employment opportunities for all individuals regardless of age, sex, disability, race, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sexual orientation, marital status or any other grounds as described in the Human Rights Code. Applicants with a disability need to make any accommodation requests for the interview process known in advance. The Human Resources Department will arrange for a reasonable accommodation following the Human Rights Code which will enable you to be assessed fairly and equitably.
To learn more about our Company please visit ca.shop.ecco.com. We thank all candidates for their interest in ECCO Shoes, however only those chosen for interviews will be contacted.
- Monday 10:00am - 6:00pm
- Tuesday 10:00am - 6:00pm
- Wednesday 10:00am - 6:00pm
- Thursday 10:00am - 9:00pm
- Friday 10:00am - 9:00pm
- Saturday 9:30am - 5:00pm
- Sunday 10:00am - 5:00pm
- Good friday - April 10, 2020 10:00am - 9:00pm
- Easter - April 12, 2020 Closed
- Easter Monday - April 13, 2020 10:00am - 6:00pm
- National Patriots Day - May 18, 2020 10:00am - 6:00pm
- St-Jean-Baptiste - June 24, 2020 Closed
- Canada Day - July 1, 2020 Closed
- Labor's Day - Sept. 7, 2020 Closed
- Thanksgiving Day - Oct. 12, 2020 10:00am - 6:00pm
- Remembrance Day - Nov. 11, 2020 10:00am - 6:00pm
- Black Friday - Nov. 27, 2020 8:00am - 9:00pm
- Christmas Eve - Dec. 24, 2020 10:00am - 5:00pm
- Christmas - Dec. 25, 2020 Closed
- Boxing Day - Dec. 26, 2020 1:00pm - 9:00pm
- New Year's Eve - Dec. 31, 2020 10:00am - 5:00pm
- New Year's Day - Jan. 1, 2021 Closed