Assistant Manager of Product Operations
As a member of the Banana Republic field leadership team, the Assistant Manager is responsible for supporting the GM and/ or Associate Manager in creating the conditions for success in all aspects of their store's business, including sourcing and training all Brand Ambassadors; executing store strategy to deliver annual field priorities, and creating a compelling customer-centric experience. The Assistant Manager supports the GM and Associate Manager in sharing the vision for the store, communicating in a way that each employee is aware of their contribution to the store's success. Additionally, the Assistant Manager is responsible for leading a rotating Division of Responsibility (Product, Talent, and Operations) while achieving key business goals.
- Supports the inspiration of the team to achieve results and perform at a high level.
- Is knowledgeable about the competition and market trends to positively impact business.
- Drives productivity of the team. Monitors labor to maximize productivity, optimize traffic and achieve sales goals.
- Contributes to the implementation of product placement, marketing, and promotional strategies.
- Supports strategies and processes that deliver results.
- Exceeds the expectations of internal and external customers.
- Establishes effective relationships to build brand loyalty.
- Fosters a healthy and productive environment where employees can maximize their potential.
- Ensures the team executes operational excellence through a customer-centric mindset.
- Represents the brand, understands the competitors and supports excellent tenant and community relationships.
- Promotes store involvement with our Community in Action programs.
- Upholds high-quality store experiences for the internal and external customer.
- Supports effective cross brand and store center partnerships.
Builds Highly Productive Teams:
- Sources, selects and develops high potential talent, effectively assessing for skill and cultural fit.
- Accountable for team performance through, coaching and feedback.
- Teaches and trains Brand Ambassadors to build skill.
Passionate: Knowledgeable and passionate about Banana Republic, our customer and our product.
- Holds team and self-accountable to all Gap Inc. standards of performance.
- Supports efforts to reduce in-store shrink activity through education and awareness.
- Ensures compliance with all Federal, Provincial, State and Gap Inc. employment requirements.
· 1-3 years of retail management experience
· Customer focused
· Demonstrated ability to deliver results
· Basic business acumen skills
· Planning and prioritization skills
· Communicates effectively
· Tech savvy
· College Degree preferred
· Ability to lift up to 30 pounds
· Ability to maneuver around sales floor, stockroom and office
· Travel between stores and outside the state/province, if necessary
· Open availability to meet the needs of the business, including evenings and weekends
- Monday 10:00am - 6:00pm
- Tuesday 10:00am - 6:00pm
- Wednesday 10:00am - 6:00pm
- Thursday 10:00am - 9:00pm
- Friday 10:00am - 9:00pm
- Saturday 9:30am - 5:00pm
- Sunday 10:00am - 5:00pm
- Labor's Day - Sept. 2, 2019 Closed
- Thanksgiving Day - Oct. 14, 2019 10:00am - 6:00pm
- Remembrance Day - Nov. 11, 2019 10:00am - 6:00pm
- Black Friday - Nov. 29, 2019 8:00am - 9:00pm
- Christmas Eve - Dec. 24, 2019 10:00am - 5:00pm
- Christmas - Dec. 25, 2019 Closed
- Boxing Day - Dec. 26, 2019 1:00pm - 9:00pm
- New Year's Eve - Dec. 31, 2019 10:00am - 5:00pm
- New Year's Day - Jan. 1, 2020 Closed